Cautions & Important Notes
- With proper care the Venus Cup can last upwards to ten or more years. Inspect your Venus Cup on a regular basis. Replace it if there are any signs of damage or if your cup feels sticky or tacky even after it has been washed.
- If you’re experiencing continued pain, burning, irritation, inflammation or anything else out of the ordinary in your genital or abdominal area while using the Venus Cup, remove it immediately and consult with your physician.
- Remove your Venus Cup prior to sexual intercourse.
- Do NOT flush your Venus cup down the toilet. It should be disposed of in the trash.
- The Venus Cup is NOT a contraceptive device. It will NOT prevent an unplanned pregnancy.
- The Venus Cup will NOT protect you against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Do NOT use the Venus Cup if you have a yeast or bacterial infection. Since Silicone is non-porous, it is believed that menstrual cups do not worsen or cause yeast infections or Bacterial Vaginosis. However, you should remove your cup, boil and store it away until the infection has completely cleared. Visit a doctor for more information, diagnosis and treatment.
- Check with your doctor before using the Venus Cup for post-natal bleeding.
- Only use water-based personal lubricants with your Venus Cup.
- Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) – TSS is a condition caused by bacterial toxins. It is rare, but also potentially life-threatening. Symptoms may include (but are not limited to) fever, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, skin peeling, low blood pressure, fainting and confusion. Symptoms develop approximately two days after the bacteria infects the body.
Symptoms may occur during your period or a few days afterwards.
1. If you have any of these signs, remove the Venus Cup and contact your doctor immediately.
2. If you have had TSS in the past, consult with your doctor before using the Venus Cup.
- Using the Venus Cup and the information in this website or any other Venus instruction manuals/content (online\offline) is done at your own risk. This content is informational in nature and is not offered as medical advice, nor does it substitute for a consultation with your gynecologist/doctor.
- If you have any gynecological/medical concerns or conditions, please consult your gynecologist/doctor prior to using the Venus Cup.
- Our Venus Cup models and the User manual may be changed for improvements without any notice.